Ever heard the saying, thoughts become things? Well, Neuroscience has proven that ‘neuroplasticity,’ the ongoing remodelling of brain structure and function, occurs throughout life. It can be affected by life experiences, genes, biological agents, and by behaviour, as well as by thought patterns.
What does this mean?
Essentially, by practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about. Through this practice, we can change the structure and neural pattern of our brain. The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
| Follow my Instagram page @iaminaplace for daily affirmations |
I have chosen 10 positive affirmations that I believe can help to change your mindset towards life and help redirect your mentality. The key topics are happiness, love, success, confidence, self-esteem, health, peace, mindfulness and inner calm. It is imperative that the environment around you is positive, filled with peace and spiritual nourishment.
1. Happiness is my birthright. I embrace happiness as my set point state of being.
2. I surround myself with peaceful people.
3. I awaken in the morning feeling happy and enthusiastic about life.
4. By allowing myself to be happy, I inspire others to be happy as well.
5. I look at the world around me and can’t help but smile and feel joy.
6. I have an active sense of humour and love to share laughter with others.
7. I easily find solutions to challenges and roadblocks and move past them quickly. Mistakes and setbacks are stepping stones to my success because I learn from them.
8. I nourish my body with healthy food.
9. I feel successful with my life right now, even as I work toward future success.
10. I feel powerful, capable, confident, energetic, and on top of the world.
Do you have any other affirmations that could be useful for others?
– A Y –